Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Random restarts / Bug Type 115

Dear Coomunity,

I have this problem since December 2022, every day my Iphone 12 Pro max restarts 5-6 times, regardless of any specific app. It can also restart, when I don't use the Iphone at all or at night.

This problem has nothing to do with the memory capacity (currently I have 32 GB free) not even with HW damage. I never dropped it on floor or into water.

First the screen freezes, then the spinning gear appears and the Iphone turns off, after a few seconds the apple logo appears and the Iphone starts again.

This is very annoying, I know that many of you had this problem, but I don't feel like resetting the phone to factory settings and losing a lot of data. Could someone solve this issue?

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Feb 8, 2023 5:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2023 7:05 AM

Hello Mazhoni,

For steps on resolving this issue, please see this Apple Support guide: If your iOS or iPadOS device restarts or displays the Apple logo or a spinning gear unexpectedly - Apple Support

If the issue persists after going through this, you can contact Apple Support: support.apple.com]

Hope this is helpful!

-Dallen

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2023 7:05 AM in response to Mazhoni

Hello Mazhoni,

For steps on resolving this issue, please see this Apple Support guide: If your iOS or iPadOS device restarts or displays the Apple logo or a spinning gear unexpectedly - Apple Support

If the issue persists after going through this, you can contact Apple Support: support.apple.com]

Hope this is helpful!

-Dallen

Random restarts / Bug Type 115

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.