Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing Junk Folder in Mail

I just migrated from Outlook for Mac to Mac Mail. I was missing an All Trash and All Junk folders (mailboxes) and found posting that say go into the Favorites and check the dropdown box. I did and found All Trash but All Junk is not in the options. How can I turn this on to check my Junk or Spam for improper filtering?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.1

Posted on Feb 8, 2023 6:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2023 7:39 AM

buzzoff13 wrote:

I just migrated from Outlook for Mac to Mac Mail. I was missing an All Trash and All Junk folders (mailboxes) and found posting that say go into the Favorites and check the dropdown box. I did and found All Trash but All Junk is not in the options. How can I turn this on to check my Junk or Spam for improper filtering?

?

Mail User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2023 7:39 AM in response to buzzoff13

buzzoff13 wrote:

?

Mail User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

Feb 8, 2023 3:38 PM in response to leroydouglas

Thanks, leroydouglas. However, as I mentioned, All Junk doesn't show up in the drop down for me. I did try adding an email to Junk and once I did then Junk showed up in the drop down box. So, I tried adding another from a second email, another address, to junk and all of a sudden Junk Mailbox turned into All Junk.

What I have learned, and hopefully can help someone else, is the drop down menu won't show either a Junk or All Junk folder in the drop down until you actually put something in Junk. Kind of strange approach but I did get it to work.

Feb 8, 2023 6:27 PM in response to buzzoff13

buzzoff13 wrote:

Thanks, leroydouglas. However, as I mentioned, All Junk doesn't show up in the drop down for me. I did try adding an email to Junk and once I did then Junk showed up in the drop down box. So, I tried adding another from a second email, another address, to junk and all of a sudden Junk Mailbox turned into All Junk.

What I have learned, and hopefully can help someone else, is the drop down menu won't show either a Junk or All Junk folder in the drop down until you actually put something in Junk. Kind of strange approach but I did get it to work.

Good computing buzzoff13

Feb 13, 2023 8:54 AM in response to leroydouglas

Thanks, not as good as I used to be. Have lost interest in keeping up with tech and just being retired and playing golf these days. When I got in as SU and almost trashed my system, I decided it was time to quit trying to be superman with these machines and start asking for help. Appreciate your help!

I am an old DOS and Windows actor and after so many decades ingrained with IBM and MS, it is frustrating trying to learn the way the Mac apps work and they all work differently.

Missing Junk Folder in Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.