Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

message history did not transfer from android

How do I transfer messages after the initial move to IOS from android. My message history did not transfer. in some cases, it looks like my messages are still "thinking"

iPhone 14, iOS 16

Posted on Feb 8, 2023 5:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2023 8:46 AM

SirMarcus,

After the transfer, when you saw the ‘Transfer Complete’ screen on your Android, did it indicate that there was data that wasn’t transferred? Though some content can be moved manually, messages are not one of them. Move content manually from your Android device to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

You also mentioned that it looks like your messages are ‘thinking’. Is that the Messages app as a whole or individual threads? 

Thanks. 

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 10, 2023 8:46 AM in response to SirMarcus

SirMarcus,

After the transfer, when you saw the ‘Transfer Complete’ screen on your Android, did it indicate that there was data that wasn’t transferred? Though some content can be moved manually, messages are not one of them. Move content manually from your Android device to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

You also mentioned that it looks like your messages are ‘thinking’. Is that the Messages app as a whole or individual threads? 

Thanks. 

Feb 9, 2023 3:57 PM in response to SirMarcus

Hey there SirMarcus,

Congrats on getting your new iPhone! We'd like to confirm more details to better understand what's happening, along with ruling out some possible causes:

1. It's possible that the messages are still transferring, but we wanted to first confirm if these are the steps you've taken to transfer from your Android to iOS? Check out: Move from Android to iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
  2. If those are the steps you've taken, how long ago did you finish the transfer?
  3. Is any other content missing after finish the process?

Cheers!

Feb 10, 2023 5:38 AM in response to bruno75

Thanks for the reply. I did us the Move IOS app. I've done the transfer twice now, with similar results. most everything else transferred.

Call history did not.

text messages - some did, some did not.

Some of the text message history transferred over that did not transfer the second time. I'd like to keep it if possible, have messages from relatives that are no longer with us.

I've backed it up to google 1, but very unfamiliar with how to use that too

message history did not transfer from android

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.