Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

QUICK TIME PLAYER NOT WORKING

I'm trying to record a video and QuickTime playing is not loading on my Monterey. when I click on the icon, the app folder opens and the icon is greyed out. Please advise.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Feb 8, 2023 9:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2023 7:16 PM

applekind Said:

"QUICK TIME PLAYER NOT WORKING: I'm trying to record a video and QuickTime playing is not loading on my Monterey. when I click on the icon, the app folder opens and the icon is greyed out. Please advise."

-------

Troubleshooting a Greyed Out App:

A. Add as a Login Item:

What happens when you add QuickTime Player as a login item? Add it as such, log out, and then log back in, seeing if you still get this error.  Go Here: Open Items Automatically when you Log In on Mac - Apple Support

No success?

B. Reinstall the macOS:

Mail is part of the macOS. So, one option would be to reinstall the macOS to fix any bugs in this app. Nothing would be lost. It's just that misplaced items would be placed back to where they should be and corrupt system files would be replaced by clean files. Go Here: Reinstall macOS - Apple Support. Boot into Recovery Mode (Intel or Silicon).  Important: Prior to installing an update or performing a reinstallation, to prevent data loss, be sure to Back up your Mac with Time Machine.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2023 7:16 PM in response to applekind

applekind Said:

"QUICK TIME PLAYER NOT WORKING: I'm trying to record a video and QuickTime playing is not loading on my Monterey. when I click on the icon, the app folder opens and the icon is greyed out. Please advise."

-------

Troubleshooting a Greyed Out App:

A. Add as a Login Item:

What happens when you add QuickTime Player as a login item? Add it as such, log out, and then log back in, seeing if you still get this error.  Go Here: Open Items Automatically when you Log In on Mac - Apple Support

No success?

B. Reinstall the macOS:

Mail is part of the macOS. So, one option would be to reinstall the macOS to fix any bugs in this app. Nothing would be lost. It's just that misplaced items would be placed back to where they should be and corrupt system files would be replaced by clean files. Go Here: Reinstall macOS - Apple Support. Boot into Recovery Mode (Intel or Silicon).  Important: Prior to installing an update or performing a reinstallation, to prevent data loss, be sure to Back up your Mac with Time Machine.

QUICK TIME PLAYER NOT WORKING

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.