You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

đź’ˇ Did you know?

General and ongoing cleaning can help you maintain your AirPods or AirPods Pro.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music stopped playing in my AirPods. Everything else works.

I listen to my music with my AirPod pros all the time. I was videotaping something with my iPhone, and I clicked the AirPod to turn the music off, and it suddenly started messing with my camera.

Since then I have not been able to connect Apple Music to my AirPods. Everything else works. It hooks up through Bluetooth. I hear the connect sound. But Apple Music is silent. please help! Thank you!

Posted on Feb 8, 2023 10:12 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2023 11:52 AM

Did all that before. No fix.

But I did fix it by replicating what I thought got me there in the first place.

1. Opened the camera on my iPhone
  2. Set for video.
  3. Then with AirPods connected to the phone, I clicked once on my right pod as if I were pausing music.
  4. The screen for the Video went out of focus (NO clue why)
  5. I then shut down camera and *surprise* the AirPods were working again.

What made them go bad in the first place is that I was taking a video of a house for a realtor. And my music was too annoying at the moment so I wanted to pause the music and I clicked the AirPod. That's when the screen on my camera went totally out of focus. I realized later, when I wanted to listen to music again, that I had I lost music communication with my iPhone. Nothing else! Just the music. And then includes Radio Paradise. Everything else worked - just no music. Go figure,

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 11, 2023 11:52 AM in response to Grace2211

Did all that before. No fix.

But I did fix it by replicating what I thought got me there in the first place.

1. Opened the camera on my iPhone
  2. Set for video.
  3. Then with AirPods connected to the phone, I clicked once on my right pod as if I were pausing music.
  4. The screen for the Video went out of focus (NO clue why)
  5. I then shut down camera and *surprise* the AirPods were working again.

What made them go bad in the first place is that I was taking a video of a house for a realtor. And my music was too annoying at the moment so I wanted to pause the music and I clicked the AirPod. That's when the screen on my camera went totally out of focus. I realized later, when I wanted to listen to music again, that I had I lost music communication with my iPhone. Nothing else! Just the music. And then includes Radio Paradise. Everything else worked - just no music. Go figure,

Feb 10, 2023 11:16 AM in response to Mark Ritter

Hello Mark Ritter,

We'd like to provide you with a few steps that can assist you with listing to Apple Music on your AirPods Pro:

• Reset your AirPods Pro. This is a great steps to take when your AirPods are not working as expected.

How to reset your AirPods and AirPods Pro:

1. "Put your AirPods in their charging case, and close the lid.
  2. Wait 30 seconds.
  3. Open the lid of your charging case, and put your AirPods in your ears.
  4. Go to Settings > Bluetooth. Or go to Settings > [your AirPods].
    • If your AirPods appear there as connected, tap the More Info button  next to your AirPods, tap Forget This Device, then tap again to confirm.
    • If your AirPods don't appear there, continue to the next step. 

5. Put your AirPods in their charging case, and keep the lid open. 

6. Press and hold the setup button on the back of the case for about 15 seconds, until the status light on the front of the case flashes amber, then white.*

AirPods charging cases

7. Reconnect your AirPods: With your AirPods in their charging case and the lid open, place your AirPods close to your iPhone or iPad. Follow the steps on your device's screen."

• Restart your iPhone. This may seem like a simple step to take but can often resolve several issues.

• Update your iPhone. Completing this step ensures that your AirPods Pro have the latest firmware version: (Secure your data with a backup)

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities. We hope this helps. 

Best regards.

Apple Music stopped playing in my AirPods. Everything else works.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.