Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can iTunes Windows and Mac Music share a library?

I have a Windows 11 PC running the full version of iTunes (latest version), a finicky iTunes library on a NAS, and a Mac Mini. I would like to know if I can use the same library for Mac Music App as I have for Windows iTunes. Of course since Apple split Music and TV into two separate apps, it makes sense that it couldn't.

I've tested trying to point Music to the iTunes library file - no success -- and I've tried trying to point iTunes to the libary file created by Music app -- also no success.

If I can't use the same file, then is there a way to export my library from iTunes (music only) for use with Music?

Posted on Feb 8, 2023 7:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2023 11:50 PM

Hi,

See Move your iTunes library to a new computer - Apple Community.

However, you would be using the libraries independently and you would not be able keep them in sync.

You should consider Subscribe to iTunes Match – Apple Support (UK) or Apple Music - Apple (UK).

Jim

1 reply

Can iTunes Windows and Mac Music share a library?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.