Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All of my Apple electronics seem to revert to old versions of apps and firmware without my consent on a daily basis!

For some reason everyday, I have to go into the App Store and manually search for the apps that are installed on my phone and hit the update button. It never fails. Every day! The apps that need to be updated, are most of the time sitting in the "recently updated" column of the App Store my account page. I will have to click on the app (which says "open" instead of "update") and look at applications' developer information page window within the app store.This is also true if I am scrolling through the App Store and pass an app which is installed on my phone, It will say "open" until I click on it. Then it will say and give me the button to "update".

When I look at my apps in settings, the apps in question will have an extra acknoledgmnet in the about page. They will also have a version pre-installed which they seem to revert back to. There are some apps which seem to change settings more frequently like Spotify, Norton, Google apps, and Chrome, however if I let my phone go a day (24hrs) without charging, the next time I use it, I have to update all my apps or else my phone will crash and get an absurd amount of ads and interference. Today when I was driving, I placed my phone on my car charger and put my stereo on auxiliary plug and I could hear myself driving along the highway through my car speakers from my iPhone's microphone. I don't want to seam like another tweaker crash log snooper but I feel like this is really not normal behavior. Please help!

iPhone 13

Posted on Feb 9, 2023 12:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2023 1:16 AM

Smart Phones neither have the intelligence nor has the hostility. Hence we need to look at our device settings and the way we synchronise our smart phones with Mac/PC/iCloud and share our valuable data with friends and family members.

If you feel an unauthorized person is remotely controlling or monitoring your device, then that is possible only if you have done one or more of the following Don'ts...

1. Don't hand over an iPhone to kids or to a stranger without Enabling Guided Access
  2. Don't share Apple IDs
  3. Don't Jailbreak
  4. Don't share sensitive information pertaining to your device
  5. Don't give in to Phishing
  6. Don't leave your iPhone unlocked and unattended in public places like offices, schools, malls etc.

If one of the above is true then quickly change the Apple ID Password and Return iPhone settings to their defaults.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2023 1:16 AM in response to Steelnail9621

Smart Phones neither have the intelligence nor has the hostility. Hence we need to look at our device settings and the way we synchronise our smart phones with Mac/PC/iCloud and share our valuable data with friends and family members.

If you feel an unauthorized person is remotely controlling or monitoring your device, then that is possible only if you have done one or more of the following Don'ts...

1. Don't hand over an iPhone to kids or to a stranger without Enabling Guided Access
  2. Don't share Apple IDs
  3. Don't Jailbreak
  4. Don't share sensitive information pertaining to your device
  5. Don't give in to Phishing
  6. Don't leave your iPhone unlocked and unattended in public places like offices, schools, malls etc.

If one of the above is true then quickly change the Apple ID Password and Return iPhone settings to their defaults.

All of my Apple electronics seem to revert to old versions of apps and firmware without my consent on a daily basis!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.