Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Date and time barely visible in menu

Since a few weeks i am almost unable to see the date and time in my menu. I have not changed any settings and have now tried to switch some settings on/off but nothing worked.

When i click on the time it pops to white for as long as i hold it.

What can i chance to have a fully white time and date again?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Feb 9, 2023 2:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2023 5:04 AM

the dim clock is actually a "feature". it tells you the status of "do not disturb" at a glance. 

when DND is turned on, the clock is dim.

but when it's off, the clock is bright

but if you place the DND icon permanently on the menubar the clock will stay bright regardless of if DND is turned off or on. instead, the DND icon goes dim or bright.

DND turned on:

DND turned off:

just open control centre and drag DND from control centre and drop it on your menubar. you drag it by the text, not the icon.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2023 5:04 AM in response to jasmijn00

the dim clock is actually a "feature". it tells you the status of "do not disturb" at a glance. 

when DND is turned on, the clock is dim.

but when it's off, the clock is bright

but if you place the DND icon permanently on the menubar the clock will stay bright regardless of if DND is turned off or on. instead, the DND icon goes dim or bright.

DND turned on:

DND turned off:

just open control centre and drag DND from control centre and drop it on your menubar. you drag it by the text, not the icon.

Date and time barely visible in menu

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.