Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple and yahoo mail

Anyone having problems with yahoo mail via sky? I'm told by sky yahoo has taken over their email accounts and is 'updating the servers'. Net result is I can't access emails via my apple devices (except for one where I successfully reset the password.) Now I can't get the other devices to accept the new password and when I tried to remove and reinstall yahoo on my iMac I just get a message from yahoo that says try again in xx minutes. Sky customer service no use at all.

iMac, macOS 10.12

Posted on Feb 9, 2023 6:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2023 7:16 AM

Harrythecat22 wrote:

the iMac's 2021 and on Ventura 13.1. I think it's a Yahoo problem and I did get a link to a premium account so it would appear you have to pay to get support from yahoo?

Call the Yahoo number in the link that I provided. You should not need to pay extra for anything.

We had our old Yahoo Accounts locked a couple of times over the last 20 years. It was a pain waiting for a support person to come on the line, but once we got thru it was a snap to get our accounts unlocked and working again. According to the support person that helped us the last time, it occasionally happens to batches of accounts when the servers get updated.

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2023 7:16 AM in response to Harrythecat22

Harrythecat22 wrote:

the iMac's 2021 and on Ventura 13.1. I think it's a Yahoo problem and I did get a link to a premium account so it would appear you have to pay to get support from yahoo?

Call the Yahoo number in the link that I provided. You should not need to pay extra for anything.

We had our old Yahoo Accounts locked a couple of times over the last 20 years. It was a pain waiting for a support person to come on the line, but once we got thru it was a snap to get our accounts unlocked and working again. According to the support person that helped us the last time, it occasionally happens to batches of accounts when the servers get updated.

Feb 9, 2023 6:50 AM in response to Harrythecat22

What year model is the iMac that you are using?

see > Identify your iMac model - Apple Support

Is it on macOS 10.12 Sierra as your profile indicates?

see > How to download macOS - Apple Support

If your Yahoo Mail Account(s) are not accessible or locked, then you need to call or contact Yahoo Support.

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/account/reset-yahoo-password-sln27051.html

apple and yahoo mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.