Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you log a medication as taken a day or two after the occurrence?

I really like the medication tracker feature of the Health app. I use it to log both chronic and pro medications. It is (or would be) particularly helpful during the long term treatment of an infection as one often has to treat symptoms of the side effects of said antibiotics. However, I often find myself having missed the documentation for administration. It is important to have said documentation when making treatment medication decisions.

Once, I thought I was able to selected the day across the top and then mark a drug administered on the day selected, but this does not seem to work anymore (or I dreamed it).

So: How does one log a drug as taken one or two days after the fact?

iPhone XS

Posted on Feb 9, 2023 8:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2023 12:05 PM

PRN meds work the same way, as best I can tell. Once you select the day you want to edit, tap on "As Needed Medications". You may need to adjust the time as it will default to the current time.

7 replies

Feb 9, 2023 9:09 AM in response to EMH_OK

I just started using this feature and, yes, I forget sometimes to log medications. If I go to Health>Medications and tap on the day that I missed (yes, it appears I missed yesterday, thanks for reminding me!), I can then tap the "+" in the Log box and log the medication as either "Skipped" or "Taken". You can also edit the time.

(Note that the images were cropped for privacy reasons.)

Feb 9, 2023 8:43 AM in response to SravanKrA

Thank you for your prompt reply. I think we all have reasons for missing the logging of medication we take (phone in other room, charging, etc.). First and foremost is to remember to take them. Secondarily, we want to try to remember to log them. So, are you saying there is no way to log a dose once the clock strikes midnight?

Feb 9, 2023 11:25 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

Thanks, Idris.

Yes, this is what I was referring to in the 2nd paragraph of my original post. I am glad I didn't dream it. I guess I should have made note and/or noticed the difference between scheduled medications and prn (as needed meds). This becomes very important to be able to assess the frequency which you may need to treat a symptom thus allowing you to assess a (drug or non-drug) therapy and perhaps provide information on alternative medications or therapies.

This seems intuitive, but I I can see how to do it. It would be strange if the programmers did not think being able to do this was important. 'As needed' meds often become scheduled meds (usually a different med in the same class) based on historical frequency.

Thanks for your helpful response. I hope there is a way (or soon will be).

How do you log a medication as taken a day or two after the occurrence?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.