Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch notification

I have other smart watches and like to fact that I can get notifications on both my other smart watches and my iphone at the same time. How can I have the same thing on my apple watch?

Apple Watch Series 7, watchOS 9

Posted on Feb 9, 2023 10:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2023 12:04 PM

You can't, it is in the design.

Apart from actual phone calls which ring on both by default, the Sounds and haptic notifications and banners for messages etc follow these rules…

~ If the phone is in use (open) then you get notifications on the phone. Messages and Mail still appear silently on the Watch in the relevant app without banner..

~ If the phone is locked you get notifications on the Watch. If you have notifications set for iPhone Lock Screen or Notification center they still go to the phone, but silently without banner. 

~ If you go into each notification type and use Custom and disallow notifications the alerts and banners go to the phone always and not to the Watch

Notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2023 12:04 PM in response to vern34

You can't, it is in the design.

Apart from actual phone calls which ring on both by default, the Sounds and haptic notifications and banners for messages etc follow these rules…

~ If the phone is in use (open) then you get notifications on the phone. Messages and Mail still appear silently on the Watch in the relevant app without banner..

~ If the phone is locked you get notifications on the Watch. If you have notifications set for iPhone Lock Screen or Notification center they still go to the phone, but silently without banner. 

~ If you go into each notification type and use Custom and disallow notifications the alerts and banners go to the phone always and not to the Watch

Notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Apple watch notification

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.