Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to file transfer from Android 13 to MacOS 13.1 (22C65) via bluetooth

Sending files from Android 13 via Bluetooth has been working for over a year but recently stopped. When I try to send a file to the MacBook Pro M1 (MacOS 13.1), I get an error message in Outbound File Transfers on my Android device that says "Connection Unsuccessful". There have been a few MacOS updates as well as Android security patches, however, this used to work before.

1. I checked that my phone is connected to MacOS via Bluetooth
  2. I re-paired my phone with MacOS
  3. I checked the Sharing|Bluetooth options and configured what to do when a file is received
  4. I verified that my phone can send files to my tablet and vice versa just fine
  5. Verified that using File Exchange I can send files from MacOS to my android device (so the connection is working)

Has this been disabled with the latest version of MacOS?

Thanks.

MacBook Pro 15″

Posted on Feb 9, 2023 9:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2023 11:20 AM

After some experimentation, resetting the Bluetooth by deleting the .plist as outlined in this document and restarting the computer seems to have worked, but is still fragile. After using Sharing|Bluetooth to change the preferences the file transfer stopped working again. Rebooting the computer once again, seems to have worked.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2023 11:20 AM in response to apara55

After some experimentation, resetting the Bluetooth by deleting the .plist as outlined in this document and restarting the computer seems to have worked, but is still fragile. After using Sharing|Bluetooth to change the preferences the file transfer stopped working again. Rebooting the computer once again, seems to have worked.

Unable to file transfer from Android 13 to MacOS 13.1 (22C65) via bluetooth

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.