Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Related Article: About the security content of iOS 12.5.7

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to upgrade my iPhone to iOS 15

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Feb 9, 2023 10:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2023 10:29 AM

Your iPhone 6 can only update as far as iOS 12.5.7

Here are two different ways to ensure the highest iOS that your device will support is installed on your device.

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch wirelessly. Click here --> Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Here are instructions about how to update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with the Finder on a Mac computer --> Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with the Finder - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2023 10:29 AM in response to owoyemi49

Your iPhone 6 can only update as far as iOS 12.5.7

Here are two different ways to ensure the highest iOS that your device will support is installed on your device.

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch wirelessly. Click here --> Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Here are instructions about how to update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with the Finder on a Mac computer --> Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with the Finder - Apple Support

Feb 9, 2023 10:28 AM in response to owoyemi49

Hello ~ You cannot update your iPhone higher than iOS 12.5.7 either and you need a newer iPhone if you need a higher version of iOS. If you want to shop for a new iPhone click below…

iPhone - Apple Official Site

If you chose to purchase a second hand iPhone please take a moment to read these helpful links below by clicking on them to help you make an informed decision…

Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Also:

The All Too Common SAD Reality of Buying a Used iPad/iPhone

~Katana-San~

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.