Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Control key opens desktop and no longer behaves like a right-click

For some reason my control key has been assigned to open the desktop and no longer functions as a right-click option. No of the keyboard shortcuts or modifier keys under system preferences are set for the control key to open the desktop. Any ideas how to correct this? I have a 2018 MacBook Air running Ventura 13.2. This happened a while ago even before updating to Ventura.

MacBook Air

Posted on Feb 9, 2023 12:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2023 5:58 PM

Thank you so much. I did what you said and "show desktop" under desktop shortcuts system preferences was marked as F11 and not the "control key"; however, I changed it from F11 to something else and then back again and it corrected my control key problem. Yay! Some weird glitch, I guess 🤔. I really appreciate your help. It was driving me crazy.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2023 5:58 PM in response to Randall_2023

Thank you so much. I did what you said and "show desktop" under desktop shortcuts system preferences was marked as F11 and not the "control key"; however, I changed it from F11 to something else and then back again and it corrected my control key problem. Yay! Some weird glitch, I guess 🤔. I really appreciate your help. It was driving me crazy.

Control key opens desktop and no longer behaves like a right-click

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.