Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

BACK UP SAVE AND TRANSFER PHOTOS + VIDEOS Assistance

What flash drive (+ size) would APPLE suggest to put my 6100 photos on and 20 music videos to SAVE AND POSSIBLY TRANSFER FROM MY 2012 MAC BOOK PRO over to my "NEW" MacBk air w M2 Silicon chip- And is there a HOW TO VIDEO that you might suggest I view on 'HOW TO PERFORM THESE TASKS"?

T.Y.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 9, 2023 5:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2023 10:38 PM

Hi,

As for back up data, you can use Time Machine or if you want to back up only photos and movies, you can use external HDD/SSD to transfer pictures and movie from MacBook Air to external HDD/SSD.

As for transfer the data, you can use Target Disk Mode or Migration Assistant to connect between two Macs.

Transfer files between a Mac with Apple silicon and another Mac - Apple Support

Move content to a new Mac - Apple Support

Transfer files between two Mac computers using target disk mode - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2023 10:38 PM in response to caninemiss

Hi,

As for back up data, you can use Time Machine or if you want to back up only photos and movies, you can use external HDD/SSD to transfer pictures and movie from MacBook Air to external HDD/SSD.

As for transfer the data, you can use Target Disk Mode or Migration Assistant to connect between two Macs.

Transfer files between a Mac with Apple silicon and another Mac - Apple Support

Move content to a new Mac - Apple Support

Transfer files between two Mac computers using target disk mode - Apple Support

BACK UP SAVE AND TRANSFER PHOTOS + VIDEOS Assistance

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.