Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

xcrun

Hi, I get the following come up in the last couple of days. The "xcrun" command requires the command line developer tools. Would you like to install now. I am unsure how this message was triggered. How to I get rid of it, I am not keen on downloading something not part of the up auto update, or requested by me. Thank you.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Feb 9, 2023 11:11 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Feb 9, 2023 11:29 PM in response to alfrompenshurst

Maybe it is a component some other tool that you installed requires? I got a similar prompt to Xcode Command Line Tools when trying to set file dates the same as EXIF dates in an exiftool command. It can be ignored but then the FileCreateDate moves only backwards in time. I seem to have it (I have installed MacPorts and ffmpeg and a few other tools):

which xcrun

/usr/bin/xcrun

https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/432149/what-is-xcrun-and-why-would-updating-to-macos-mojave-cause-it-to-go-missing

Feb 9, 2023 11:41 PM in response to Matti Haveri

Thank you for coming back Matti. I have not downloaded any tools. However I use "clean my mac". I checked and and seen the latest update from it. So that may explain the sudden appearence of the scrum message.

"Removing outdated Xcode simulator images will save lots of space for those who develop apps on Macs.

Battery drain alert functionality will let you know about sudden bursts of battery consumption so that you react quickly"

xcrun

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.