Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to find Wifi on an M1 Macbook in recovery - where?

Recovery assistant needs internet to work but shows no wifi menu so i can select my network....help! there must be a workaround somewhere for this?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Feb 10, 2023 2:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2023 6:55 AM

Excerpt for support document in link below specific to Recovery Mode for M-Class Apple Computers .

I know it worked for me when trading in a M1 MBA for a M1 MBA and used the Erase All Content and Setting to prep for trade-in

Connect to the internet using Wi-Fi

If the Wi-Fi menu icon (in the upper-right corner of the screen) contains one or more bars , Wi-Fi is turned on and connected to a wireless network. If the Wi-Fi menu icon doesn’t contain any bars , Wi-Fi is turned on but isn’t connected to a wireless network. If the Wi-Fi menu icon has a slash through it , Wi-Fi is turned off. Wi-Fi needs to be turned on before you can join a wireless network.

On your Mac, do any of the following:

• Turn on Wi-Fi: Click the Wi-Fi menu icon, then choose Turn Wi-Fi On.
  • Turn off Wi-Fi: Click the Wi-Fi menu icon, then choose Turn Wi-Fi Off.
  • Join a network: Click the Wi-Fi menu icon, then choose a network. If requested, type the network’s password.
  • Join a closed network: Click the Wi-Fi menu icon, then choose Join Other Network. Enter the network’s name and, if requested, the network’s password.

Link below

Use macOS Recovery on a Mac with Apple silicon - Apple Support (CA)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 10, 2023 6:55 AM in response to albiondriver

Excerpt for support document in link below specific to Recovery Mode for M-Class Apple Computers .

I know it worked for me when trading in a M1 MBA for a M1 MBA and used the Erase All Content and Setting to prep for trade-in

Connect to the internet using Wi-Fi

If the Wi-Fi menu icon (in the upper-right corner of the screen) contains one or more bars , Wi-Fi is turned on and connected to a wireless network. If the Wi-Fi menu icon doesn’t contain any bars , Wi-Fi is turned on but isn’t connected to a wireless network. If the Wi-Fi menu icon has a slash through it , Wi-Fi is turned off. Wi-Fi needs to be turned on before you can join a wireless network.

On your Mac, do any of the following:

• Turn on Wi-Fi: Click the Wi-Fi menu icon, then choose Turn Wi-Fi On.
  • Turn off Wi-Fi: Click the Wi-Fi menu icon, then choose Turn Wi-Fi Off.
  • Join a network: Click the Wi-Fi menu icon, then choose a network. If requested, type the network’s password.
  • Join a closed network: Click the Wi-Fi menu icon, then choose Join Other Network. Enter the network’s name and, if requested, the network’s password.

Link below

Use macOS Recovery on a Mac with Apple silicon - Apple Support (CA)

Trying to find Wifi on an M1 Macbook in recovery - where?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.