Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro sooooo slow and loud

Dear Community,

since a while my macbook is getting slower and slower. And the fans are filling the room with a buzzing sound, nobody likes. It feels like there is something fundamentally wrong.

I attached the Etrecheck report. Maybe somebody can see anything?

Many thanks in advance! This is making me crazy. So thanks for any advice.

Best

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Feb 10, 2023 6:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2023 8:21 AM

You have a lot going on. First, it appers that you have a failing drive and you are running out of space.

Second, at some point you installed a VPN. Unless you are using a point-to-point secure tunnel to your place of business, uninstall the VPN.

Third, are you really using all the third party apps mentioned in the report? Example, the report shows you've installed and are running Skype, GoToMeeting, and TeamViewer. Are all three really necessary?

You have a lot of "clean up" to do according to the report.

FWIW, if it was me, I would make sure I had a current backup of all my data. I would then reset the computer to factory condition by deleting everything and reinstalling the operating system. I would then start looking for a new computer with higher specifications.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 10, 2023 8:21 AM in response to Pizus

You have a lot going on. First, it appers that you have a failing drive and you are running out of space.

Second, at some point you installed a VPN. Unless you are using a point-to-point secure tunnel to your place of business, uninstall the VPN.

Third, are you really using all the third party apps mentioned in the report? Example, the report shows you've installed and are running Skype, GoToMeeting, and TeamViewer. Are all three really necessary?

You have a lot of "clean up" to do according to the report.

FWIW, if it was me, I would make sure I had a current backup of all my data. I would then reset the computer to factory condition by deleting everything and reinstalling the operating system. I would then start looking for a new computer with higher specifications.

Feb 12, 2023 7:57 AM in response to Pizus

On the suggestion of another Contributor >>

If the user wishes to explore the Apple Trade-In  Process where the Value of the exiting device could be used against the cost of a new Apple Computer, iPhone or iPad  

Or Shop Refurbished Apple computers at an Apple Reduced Cost

Have used both previously and have been satisfied each time.

Just finished trading in older M1 MBA for latest M2 MBA and very happen the older machine did not reach the Land Fill Site

Feb 10, 2023 12:50 PM in response to Pizus

Delete these files & restart...

~/Library/LaunchAgents/org.freedownloadmanager.fdm6.plist

~/Library/LaunchAgents/com.adobe.AAM.Updater-1.0.plist

~/Library/LaunchAgents/com.bluejeans.app.detector.plist

/Library/LaunchAgents/com.adobe.ccxprocess.plist

/Library/LaunchAgents/com.epson.eventmanager.agent.plist

~ tilde indicates your user library folder

Apple hid the Users' Library folders...

Method 1:

1 From the Finder, select the Go menu at top of the screen, and choose Go to Folder.

2 In the window that opens, enter ~/Library, and click Go.

Macbook Pro sooooo slow and loud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.