Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music on Macos not saving music in playlists after editing

I have been experiencing an issue with Apple Music on MacOs whereby adding tracks to a playlist does not appear to save after the application is closed down. When the Music app is reopened the music tracks do not appear in any of the playlists I have just added them in.

I have trawled Google for answers and there does not seem to be an immediate fix, in spite of the fact that other Mac users are experiencing the exact same issue. I am running MacOs Ventura on a 2021 14" M1 MacBook Pro with all the latest updates.

For comparison, I have a 2012 iMac running MacOs Catalina that has zero problems saving tracks to playlists in the Music app.

Any assistance on this would be greatly appreciated.

Posted on Feb 10, 2023 7:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2023 8:39 AM

Press and hold down option as you launch Music, then choose the library that you want opened, normally ~/Music/Music/Music Library.musiclibrary.

Press and down option+cmd as you launch Music to open Music in its safe mode, which may sometimes fix internal issues in the database.

Right-click on the .musiclibrary package and click Show Package Contents. Check for hidden .tmp files inside that may indicate interference from third party software.

Make sure to close Music fully before closing down or restarting your computer.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 10, 2023 8:39 AM in response to Tandyfied

Press and hold down option as you launch Music, then choose the library that you want opened, normally ~/Music/Music/Music Library.musiclibrary.

Press and down option+cmd as you launch Music to open Music in its safe mode, which may sometimes fix internal issues in the database.

Right-click on the .musiclibrary package and click Show Package Contents. Check for hidden .tmp files inside that may indicate interference from third party software.

Make sure to close Music fully before closing down or restarting your computer.

tt2

Apple Music on Macos not saving music in playlists after editing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.