Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I received an email that my icloud account is locked

I received an email that my icloud account is locked on iphone. I can still see the icloud account.

Posted on Feb 10, 2023 3:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2023 3:28 PM

Apple will never use an email message to inform a customer that their account is locked.

Please refer to Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store which states "Scammers often try to trick you into sharing personal or financial information by sending you messages or links to websites that might look like they’re from Apple, but their actual purpose is to steal your account information. Some phishing emails will ask you to click on a link to update your account information. Others might look like a receipt for a purchase in the App Store, iTunes Store, iBooks Store or for Apple Music, that you’re certain you didn’t make."

"Never enter your account information on websites linked from these messages, and never download or open attachments included within them."

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 10, 2023 3:28 PM in response to davidmunn

Apple will never use an email message to inform a customer that their account is locked.

Please refer to Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store which states "Scammers often try to trick you into sharing personal or financial information by sending you messages or links to websites that might look like they’re from Apple, but their actual purpose is to steal your account information. Some phishing emails will ask you to click on a link to update your account information. Others might look like a receipt for a purchase in the App Store, iTunes Store, iBooks Store or for Apple Music, that you’re certain you didn’t make."

"Never enter your account information on websites linked from these messages, and never download or open attachments included within them."

I received an email that my icloud account is locked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.