Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airplay not connecting to Samsung TV

I can’t connect my iPhone to my Samsung TV. It was working fine until a week ago. I get an error message saying “Unable to connect to”. I get the same message when I try to screen mirror my phone.

TV is working fine as other iPhones can connect to it.

The iphone is running iOS 16.3

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Feb 10, 2023 4:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2023 8:18 PM

I have not seen any sensible answers to this question, but I have been having a similar problem. iPhone 11 Pro running 16.3.1. I (used to) regularly AirPlay to 2 different Samsung Q Series TVs on quite different networks.

somewhat recently, possibly with the upgrade to 16.3, AirPlay to both these TVs has not been working. My own investigation stumbled across a solution!!

• Go to Settings> WiFi> and tap the ⓘ information symbol, then turn off "Private Wi-Fi Address".
  • Return to your home screen and retry AirPlay - worked for me first time!
  • I then turned the Private Wi-Fi Address back on, and AirPlay again started as normal

There are a few Apple Support articles on "Private Wi-Fi Address", and reading between the lines it could could be the cause of the AirPlay problems many of us have been having with Samsung TVs?

Give the instructions above a go - it worked for me, Steve

Use private Wi-Fi addresses on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch - Apple Support

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 19, 2023 8:18 PM in response to christiaanfromlondon

I have not seen any sensible answers to this question, but I have been having a similar problem. iPhone 11 Pro running 16.3.1. I (used to) regularly AirPlay to 2 different Samsung Q Series TVs on quite different networks.

somewhat recently, possibly with the upgrade to 16.3, AirPlay to both these TVs has not been working. My own investigation stumbled across a solution!!

• Go to Settings> WiFi> and tap the ⓘ information symbol, then turn off "Private Wi-Fi Address".
  • Return to your home screen and retry AirPlay - worked for me first time!
  • I then turned the Private Wi-Fi Address back on, and AirPlay again started as normal

There are a few Apple Support articles on "Private Wi-Fi Address", and reading between the lines it could could be the cause of the AirPlay problems many of us have been having with Samsung TVs?

Give the instructions above a go - it worked for me, Steve

Use private Wi-Fi addresses on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch - Apple Support

Feb 11, 2023 12:53 AM in response to budsar

AirPlay – Enabled TVs and Devices --> Apple TV App–Supported Devices

I am not sure how were you streaming your iPhone Screen to TV on your iPhone XS --> How to AirPlay video and mirror your device's screen - Apple ...

You may look at this option too --> Lightning Digital AV Adapter - Lightning to HDMI - Apple

Next seek help here --> If you can't stream or watch films or TV shows from the Apple ...

Airplay not connecting to Samsung TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.