You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a MacBook Air, use Safari and recently my Citi app stopped working, not entirely.

Citi app not working completely.

I can go to the site and it will work for one click but when I want to sign out, I click and nothing happens, like everything just freezes.

I've reinstalled the app but problem persists.

Looking for any help.

Thanks, Leo

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Feb 11, 2023 5:04 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2023 9:52 AM

Give this a try: boot into Safe Mode according to How to use safe mode on your Mac and test to see if the problem persists. Reboot normally and test again.

NOTE 1: Safe Mode boot can take up to 3 - 5 minutes as it's doing the following; 

• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed

• Loads only required kernel extensions (prevents 3rd party kernel/extensions from loading)

• Prevents Startup Items and Login Items from opening automatically

• Disables user-installed fonts 

• Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

NOTE 2: if you have a wireless keyboard with rechargeable batteries connect it with its charging cable before booting into Safe Mode. This makes it act as a wired keyboard as will insure a successful boot into Safe Mode.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 11, 2023 9:52 AM in response to leonardfromsweeny

Give this a try: boot into Safe Mode according to How to use safe mode on your Mac and test to see if the problem persists. Reboot normally and test again.

NOTE 1: Safe Mode boot can take up to 3 - 5 minutes as it's doing the following; 

• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed

• Loads only required kernel extensions (prevents 3rd party kernel/extensions from loading)

• Prevents Startup Items and Login Items from opening automatically

• Disables user-installed fonts 

• Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

NOTE 2: if you have a wireless keyboard with rechargeable batteries connect it with its charging cable before booting into Safe Mode. This makes it act as a wired keyboard as will insure a successful boot into Safe Mode.

Feb 11, 2023 8:34 AM in response to leonardfromsweeny

The Citi website was doing that to me the last couple of days. It was also sometimes giving a warning about Safari being out of date even though I have the latest version.

I worked around the not being able to sign out by clicking the reload button (semicircular arrow) in the address bar. After reloading, I could sign out.

Another option would be to try another browser (e.g., Chrome) although I haven't yet done that.

I tried the Citi site just now and it was working OK so maybe they've fixed the issue.

I have a MacBook Air, use Safari and recently my Citi app stopped working, not entirely.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.