Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Desktop Picture is Cropped

I have a really nice picture of the grandchildren in iPhoto that I want to use as my desktop picture. When I do this by - File - Share - Set Desktop Picture - instead of getting the photo to fill out the screen of my 27" iMac perfectly, I find that the picture is cropped on the top, bottom, left side but strangely enough, not on the right side. What gives? I thought that the Set Desktop Picture would give me a perfect reproduction on the iMac's screen but this is evidently not the case. Any steps I could take to get the desktop picture that I want? I have the original 5K 27" iMac running 11.7.3 so quite an ancient setup but I don't think that this should have anything to do with my problem.

iMac 27″, macOS 11.7

Posted on Feb 11, 2023 8:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2023 1:13 PM

Hello ttibsen,

From what you've shared it sounds like you'll need to adjust your wallpapers dimensions. You'll be able to chose from Fill Screen, Fit to Screen, Stretch to Fill Screen, Center, and more. This user guide goes over the steps you'll need to take: Customize the desktop picture on your Mac - Apple Support

Cheers!

Similar questions

2 replies

Feb 19, 2023 8:14 AM in response to Drew_7

Greeting Drew! Thanks a million! The link you provided was the solution to my dilemma. I chose Fit to Screen which gave me a perfect rendition of the photo on the iMac with the compromise being solid bands of color on either side of the picture. A whole lot better than having the kids' heads cut off at the top of the picture. I didn't know of the existence of these options for finessing the Desktop picture - thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Desktop Picture is Cropped

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.