Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connectivity to new Gateway setting

I bought a Canon MG3620 printer and it could not connect to my Gateway 5G, so I switched from WPA2/WPA3 to WPA/WPA2. The printer worked. My MacBook Air also continued to function and I could air print both from my phone and my computer. However, in the new setting, my husband's iPhone cannot connect to our Gateway. Is there a way we can also get his iPhone to connect on the new setting?

iPhone SE, iOS 16

Posted on Feb 11, 2023 10:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2023 11:54 AM

Hi,

Would it be correct to assume that you have a dual-band Wi-Fi gateway/router (with 2.4 and 5 GHz bands)? Any information about the make and exact model? Please do not post a serial number, MAC address, or any access codes.

Regarding wireless security, see also Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support.

At least according to the specifications at https://canoncanada.custhelp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/1035453/~/specifications---mg3620, the MG3620 uses 2.4 GHz. A modern router does often have a "smart" way of detecting devices and automatically selecting bands. Sometimes, this can lead to a problem, and one may have to manually split/rename bands.

As you already know, the MG3620 is a printer supporting the AirPrint technology. You may have to try a full power-cycle sequence (including the gateway/router): Power off the gateway/router and all other devices/computers. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the gateway/router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on all other devices/computers.

About AirPrint - Apple Support

Use AirPrint to print from your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2023 11:54 AM in response to ManzanaLibby

Hi,

Would it be correct to assume that you have a dual-band Wi-Fi gateway/router (with 2.4 and 5 GHz bands)? Any information about the make and exact model? Please do not post a serial number, MAC address, or any access codes.

Regarding wireless security, see also Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support.

At least according to the specifications at https://canoncanada.custhelp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/1035453/~/specifications---mg3620, the MG3620 uses 2.4 GHz. A modern router does often have a "smart" way of detecting devices and automatically selecting bands. Sometimes, this can lead to a problem, and one may have to manually split/rename bands.

As you already know, the MG3620 is a printer supporting the AirPrint technology. You may have to try a full power-cycle sequence (including the gateway/router): Power off the gateway/router and all other devices/computers. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the gateway/router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on all other devices/computers.

About AirPrint - Apple Support

Use AirPrint to print from your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Connectivity to new Gateway setting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.