Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple CarPlay sound issues

Hi all, I’ve got a 14 pro and when I’m using CarPlay for music, the sound, sounds really distorted. Not sure why but it sounds really poor. Cannot figure out why as my partners 14pro max works perfectly fine.

anyone had the same issue? And how I can fix it?

thanks

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Feb 11, 2023 10:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2023 9:17 PM

If CarPlay isn't working as you would expect it to, the article below may help::

If you need help with CarPlay – Apple Support

Eg: says:

"Make sure your iPhone has the latest version of iOS."

and

"Check your connection to your CarPlay stereo:

✽. If you have a wired connection, try connecting again with a different USB cable to a different USB port if you have one.

✽. If you have a wireless connection, make sure that Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are enabled under Settings > Wi-Fi and Settings > Bluetooth".

and

"Make sure your CarPlay stereo is using the latest firmware from the car manufacturer. Check your car's manual for more information".

Also:

If you want: check you have set up CarPlay on your iPhone as Apple suggests

Use CarPlay with your iPhone – Apple Support

This article has some tips: Play music and podcasts in your car - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 12, 2023 9:17 PM in response to Anthonyr9933

If CarPlay isn't working as you would expect it to, the article below may help::

If you need help with CarPlay – Apple Support

Eg: says:

"Make sure your iPhone has the latest version of iOS."

and

"Check your connection to your CarPlay stereo:

✽. If you have a wired connection, try connecting again with a different USB cable to a different USB port if you have one.

✽. If you have a wireless connection, make sure that Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are enabled under Settings > Wi-Fi and Settings > Bluetooth".

and

"Make sure your CarPlay stereo is using the latest firmware from the car manufacturer. Check your car's manual for more information".

Also:

If you want: check you have set up CarPlay on your iPhone as Apple suggests

Use CarPlay with your iPhone – Apple Support

This article has some tips: Play music and podcasts in your car - Apple Support

Apple CarPlay sound issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.