Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

login after migration

Hey I have an iMac late 2012 on Catalina the hard drive gave way I migrated to an external hard drive I was given a password for my wife user account when she entered it a box saying "password hint this account uses an iCloud password to log in. If you need to change the password, use another device to change it at appleid.apple.com. we entered her Apple ID password multiple time changed it at the address mentioned I tried through the admin through recovery and terminal and nothing works, and now the Mac doesn't show in her devices in her Apple account. I don't know what to do anymore, can some one help?

iMac 21.5″, 10.15

Posted on Feb 11, 2023 11:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2023 2:42 PM

My recommendation is that you call AppleCare so they can help you figure out what to do. You can get the phone number for your area by clicking AppleCare Contact Info

7 replies

Feb 28, 2023 12:19 PM in response to UNSHMD

ok I've been able to access her account by clicking "ignore ownership on this volume" and was able to move everything except the main thing she wanted to retrieve and keep the photos. I do have access to the pictures folder and there's only one thing "Photos Library.photoslibrary" but photos doesn't open it. Anyone knows how to open it?

login after migration

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.