Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

filter failed in print

Please help, I have a samsung SCX-3400 printer, it is installed on my Mac air with Ventura 13.2. The scanner works but the print says filter failed, where is the problem please? I am already clueless;-( thank you very much.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.1

Posted on Feb 11, 2023 12:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2023 1:50 PM

Hi,

Have you tried the universal driver package?

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/SS/Print_Common_SW/Samsung_Mac_Driver_V3.93.06.dmg

Perhaps choosing something like the M2020 or M2070 model. This may or may not work with macOS 13 Ventura (V3.93.06 seems to be for macOS 12 on HP's support site).

You may have to reset the printing system between tests.

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

As always, make sure that you have backup copies of all important files before testing anything.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2023 1:50 PM in response to radka129

Hi,

Have you tried the universal driver package?

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/SS/Print_Common_SW/Samsung_Mac_Driver_V3.93.06.dmg

Perhaps choosing something like the M2020 or M2070 model. This may or may not work with macOS 13 Ventura (V3.93.06 seems to be for macOS 12 on HP's support site).

You may have to reset the printing system between tests.

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

As always, make sure that you have backup copies of all important files before testing anything.

filter failed in print

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.