Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing folders in iPad email….

I have an older iPad, but I think this problem is pervasive among iPads, no matter the age.

I am missing email folders, yet I see them in a drop-down list when I go to move a message.

I’ve tried the different tips on YouTube, but nothing’s working… any insight or help would be most appreciated…. Thanks!

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on Feb 11, 2023 3:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2023 3:53 PM

Have you updated your iPad to iPadOS 16.3? If not, you should do so.

If you cannot see the mailbox sub-folders, do you see a blue arrow in the Mail sidebar for the containing mailbox folder? If yes, tap the arrow; when expanded, the arrow will point downwards - as show here - revealing the associated subfolders:

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2023 3:53 PM in response to dorothy888

Have you updated your iPad to iPadOS 16.3? If not, you should do so.

If you cannot see the mailbox sub-folders, do you see a blue arrow in the Mail sidebar for the containing mailbox folder? If yes, tap the arrow; when expanded, the arrow will point downwards - as show here - revealing the associated subfolders:

Missing folders in iPad email….

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.