Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What does ‘silence notifications’ mean?

Someone I have text’d in the past now has a notice that reads ‘silence notifications’. What does that mean?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 11, 2023 3:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2023 3:27 PM

The person you are texting has silenced their notifications and is sharing that status. They won't hear a notification when the text arrives. See the following Apple Support article for information on silenced notifications: Allow or silence notifications for a Focus on iPhone - Apple Support

3 replies

Feb 11, 2023 4:38 PM in response to iPod_touch_pro

Sorry, when I posted my response I was not aware of your previous reply. Responses frequently take several minutes after you post them before they appear; also, after I start a reply it can take me quite awhile (for example to search for the link to the Apple support article that I posted in my reply). I never intentionally post a reply when someone else has already done so -- but it happens. Sometimes there are 4 or 5 replies posted within the same 4 or 5 minute period and, while there may be some that are intentionally doing that, in most cases they are not intentional.

What does ‘silence notifications’ mean?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.