Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is the top of my iPhone xmax screen darker at the top then the bottom? It’s only like this on my locked screen. I can barely see the time.

Posted on Feb 11, 2023 3:15 PM

6 replies

Feb 11, 2023 8:39 PM in response to Dan_daFather

Dan_daFather Said:

"This is what is use to look like on my Lock Screen 2 days ago but it’s only shows it this way now if I go to: customize it.: the black screen looks a little better clock wise but something has definitely happened. Just trying to figure it out. Im use to things being the right way."

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

Troubleshooting a Pale Screen:

Your screen is having pixelation errors. So, that means it is time for a new screen.

Get this Serviced:

Contact Apple, or an AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider), asking for assistance.

Contact Apple:

Set up a Genius Bar Appointment at your local Apple Store. There, it will be diagnosed, and looked at, and they will provide you with a new screen.

Contacting an AASP: 

1. Go Here: Find Locations - Apple Authorized Reseller
  2. Click: Service & Support
  3. Enter: your location information
  4. See: if there is an AASP nearby
  5. Contact: an AASP that shows up, and find out more about the services that they offer to fix the iPhone

Feb 11, 2023 7:19 PM in response to Dan_daFather

Dan_daFather Said:

"Why is the top of my iPhone xmax screen darker at the top than the bottom? It’s only like this on my locked screen. I can barely see the time."

-------

Thank you or the screenshot.

Darkness Inconsistencies of Home Screen:

Looks fine to me. Being that you are using Wallpaper, it could be no more than that. So, make the wallpaper be all-black. See if you get this error.

Why is the top of my iPhone xmax screen darker at the top then the bottom? It’s only like this on my locked screen. I can barely see the time.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.