Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sleep on MacBook is not working. help?

hello? Mac 13.2 is the latest! I've never touched anything systemic, but I don't know since when! When the Mac is booted up, there is no sleep in the Apple menu, and it is not visible even when the cover is closed! When the Mac boots for the first time, the log-in window says "Sleep". Is this a bug? Is my macbook weird? Even if you try to solve it through the domestic community, the size of the domestic Apple market is small in our country, so there is no place to ask the community, so I turn the translator here and ask! Yuyu!

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Feb 11, 2023 4:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2023 4:12 PM

Hello jungmin224,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Allow us to share some information with you. According to the following public resource here: Put your Mac to sleep or wake it - Apple Support

It states the following:

Put your Mac to sleep
-Choose Apple menu  > Sleep.
-On a Mac laptop, close the display.
-If you have the option on your keyboard, press Option-Command-Media Eject key .
-TipIf your Mac has a Touch Bar, you can add the Sleep button to the Control Strip. Choose Apple menu  > System Settings, then click Keyboard  in the sidebar. (You may need to scroll down.) Click Touch Bar Settings on the right, click Customize Control Strip, then drag the Sleep button onto the Touch Bar.

It states that if you're using a Mac laptop, you'll need to close the display to put your Mac to sleep. We hope this information is helpful. Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Cheers.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 13, 2023 4:12 PM in response to jungmin224

Hello jungmin224,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Allow us to share some information with you. According to the following public resource here: Put your Mac to sleep or wake it - Apple Support

It states the following:

Put your Mac to sleep
-Choose Apple menu  > Sleep.
-On a Mac laptop, close the display.
-If you have the option on your keyboard, press Option-Command-Media Eject key .
-TipIf your Mac has a Touch Bar, you can add the Sleep button to the Control Strip. Choose Apple menu  > System Settings, then click Keyboard  in the sidebar. (You may need to scroll down.) Click Touch Bar Settings on the right, click Customize Control Strip, then drag the Sleep button onto the Touch Bar.

It states that if you're using a Mac laptop, you'll need to close the display to put your Mac to sleep. We hope this information is helpful. Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Cheers.

Sleep on MacBook is not working. help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.