Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accessibility settings grayed out

Getting messages at start up and can't change accessibility settings. They keep me from using any of my programs that launch at startup, such as LaunchBar and a handful of others.

This would happen occasionally in the past, but would work fine after a restart. This time, neither a shut down nor a restart cures the problem and I'm stumped.

Mac mini, macOS 11.6

Posted on Feb 11, 2023 6:35 PM

2 replies

Feb 12, 2023 8:11 AM in response to ak1956

I did not, and that is the correct answer, however, there is something wrong in the system that causes this. As I wrote, it has happened before, but occasionally and infrequent. This time, at restart and shut down my Dell Ultrasharp shows "No HDMI signal" as usual, but instead of doing so briefly and resuming startup, it goes black, then shows the desktop a minute later with the problems I detailed.

The bottom line for me is that, after several restarts, it is working now. I don't have to restart often, so I'm good.

Thanks very much for your answer. I'll remember it next time.

Accessibility settings grayed out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.