Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what could cause the black screen on the apple watch? It is on, but I see nothing. Sometimes, for a brief period, the screen works, but most of the time it does not. How do I fix this?

what could cause the black screen on the apple watch? It is on, but I see nothing. Sometimes, for a brief period, the screen works, but most of the time it does not. How do I fix this?

Apple Watch Series 6, watchOS 9

Posted on Feb 12, 2023 12:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2023 7:27 AM

My guess is the screen is failing, but we can't diagnose it from a description. Try a Forced Restart and if it doesn't work, you'll need to schedule a visit to your Apple Store Genius Bar for evaluation and options.

Press and hold both the digital crown and power buttons at the SAME TIME. Keep holding them until you see the Apple Logo, then let go. Hopefully you'll be offered the opportunity to enter your passcode after a few seconds.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 12, 2023 7:27 AM in response to IamAppleSupportee

My guess is the screen is failing, but we can't diagnose it from a description. Try a Forced Restart and if it doesn't work, you'll need to schedule a visit to your Apple Store Genius Bar for evaluation and options.

Press and hold both the digital crown and power buttons at the SAME TIME. Keep holding them until you see the Apple Logo, then let go. Hopefully you'll be offered the opportunity to enter your passcode after a few seconds.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.