Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Board Failure On iPhone 12 mini

Hi,

My 23 month old iPhone 12 mini has just been diagnosed with logic board failure by an apple technician this afternoon.

I was not aware of this issue with my phone until I got it out of the drawer a week ago. The iPhone has been sitting in the drawer for about 5 months up to this point. At first notice after I got it out of the drawer, I plugged the phone into iTunes and tried to update it to iOS 16.3. After that didn’t work out I tried to restore it via iTunes. Then, I tried restoring using 3u tools. That didn’t work. So I tried to flash it using 3u. All has failed. That’s when I brought it to the apple store and the phone got diagnosed. The person at the Genius Bar said that the board failed likely due to bad usage habits - but that’s was not true - I use my devices with great care. So bad habits can not be the cause of the board failure.

But what can be the cause? Anyone has any ideas? Please help me.

Posted on Feb 12, 2023 4:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2023 4:17 AM

As of today, I am preparing to buy a second hand logic board and replace it myself. Any thing I should know before I proceed?

1 reply

Logic Board Failure On iPhone 12 mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.