Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What could cause Macbook Pro M1 Pro make beeping sounds?

Quite recently my Macbook Pro 14 with M1 Pro started making quiet beeping sounds while working, which come and go randomly.

The sounds don't come from the speakers, but rather from the mainboard near the charging port.

I tried linking the sounds to a particular trigger, e.g. high RAM usage (I have the 32 gig version), a particular application running, but did not find any correlation.

I just force-quit all running apps one by one, which did not make them stop, then they stopped while I was writing this post.

Any suggestions what I can look at?

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Feb 12, 2023 5:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2023 6:10 AM

Thanks!

After running the diagnostics, two error codes came back: PPF004, and PPF003.

Both seem to be related to fan issues.

I'll take my MBP to an authorised service to get it checked and repaired.

6 replies

Feb 27, 2023 4:57 PM in response to mariobgr

I've never heard that sound before, but I've only ever worked with a few Apple Silicon Macs.

Make sure to disconnect all external devices in case one of them is causing a problem.

Try booting into Safe Mode to see if you still have the issue while running in Safe Mode. Sometimes even a simple reboot may resolve an issue.

Try running the Apple Diagnostics to see if any hardware issues are detected.

You may need to have Apple or Apple Authorized Service Provider examine the laptop.

What could cause Macbook Pro M1 Pro make beeping sounds?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.