You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iOS 18 is now available

Customize your iPhone in more ways than ever, stay connected with friends and family, and relive your favorite moments. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 14 Plus Camera Flash/Torch (Different Hue, Pinkish/Purplish)

I just noticed this with my newly bought iPhone 14 Plus.

This is my secondary phone. My 14 Pro Max has very white flash. I've owned every iPhone since the the iPhone 5 and the flash is always white. This is the first time I encountered a very noticeable difference in flash color. Is this a factory defect? My device is 4 days old. Left is 14 Pro Max. Right is my 14 Plus.

iPhone 14 Plus

Posted on Feb 12, 2023 8:37 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2023 9:10 AM

Greetings suysuy,

It looks like, according to the technical specifications for each model, that the flash may be different. This may account for what you're seeing.

iPhone 14 Pro Max - Technical Specifications

The iPhone 14 Pro Max has an Adaptive True Tone flash. 

iPhone 14 Plus - Technical Specifications

The iPhone 14 Plus has a True Tone flash

Thanks.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 14, 2023 9:10 AM in response to suysuy

Greetings suysuy,

It looks like, according to the technical specifications for each model, that the flash may be different. This may account for what you're seeing.

iPhone 14 Pro Max - Technical Specifications

The iPhone 14 Pro Max has an Adaptive True Tone flash. 

iPhone 14 Plus - Technical Specifications

The iPhone 14 Plus has a True Tone flash

Thanks.

iPhone 14 Plus Camera Flash/Torch (Different Hue, Pinkish/Purplish)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.