Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i want to know about sim lock

Posted on Feb 12, 2023 1:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2023 1:21 PM

What exactly do you want to know?

It is normal for a carrier to lock the SIM card that is installed on the iPhone so the phone cannot be used to connect with other carriers until the original carrier unlocks the SIM card.

If you are thinking of switching carriers, you will need to get your current carrier to unlock the SIM card before you will be able to connect to the new carrier.

Depending on the original sales agreement, the original carrier may be under no obligation to unlock the SIM card.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 12, 2023 1:21 PM in response to a778

What exactly do you want to know?

It is normal for a carrier to lock the SIM card that is installed on the iPhone so the phone cannot be used to connect with other carriers until the original carrier unlocks the SIM card.

If you are thinking of switching carriers, you will need to get your current carrier to unlock the SIM card before you will be able to connect to the new carrier.

Depending on the original sales agreement, the original carrier may be under no obligation to unlock the SIM card.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.