Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Requests to sign in on one ipad

Hi,

Have a "new" Iphone Se 3, an 8th Gen Ipad and older Ipad. All updated to appropriate

latest os. All are tied to same account. However, only my 10th Gen Ipad regularly (maybe once/ twice per week) asks me to input my password. Any views as to why the hardware and not the account needs "reassurance"--- it is a nuisance, minor, but irritating.

Posted on Feb 12, 2023 1:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2023 2:29 PM

I believe you’re saying regarding your iPads, you have two different iPads both associated with the same Apple ID. That should never occur, as each individual, regardless of age, should have her/his own, unique Apple ID.

Perhaps that’s the reason for the sign in requests. In any event, the Apple ID situation should be rectified immediately.

Start by getting a new Apple ID for one of you.

How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support

The person acquiring the new ID should then thoroughly cleanse her/his Apple device(s) as follows:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Then that person “moves in” to the like-new (software-wise) device(s).

Perhaps this will apply.

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 12, 2023 2:29 PM in response to JohnMac78

I believe you’re saying regarding your iPads, you have two different iPads both associated with the same Apple ID. That should never occur, as each individual, regardless of age, should have her/his own, unique Apple ID.

Perhaps that’s the reason for the sign in requests. In any event, the Apple ID situation should be rectified immediately.

Start by getting a new Apple ID for one of you.

How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support

The person acquiring the new ID should then thoroughly cleanse her/his Apple device(s) as follows:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Then that person “moves in” to the like-new (software-wise) device(s).

Perhaps this will apply.

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Feb 13, 2023 2:13 AM in response to sberman

When I referred to my spouse using the older ipad, I did not make it clear that it was a "hand down" to her on my buying the newer 10th generation one. She never was nor wants to have a separate Apple ID-- nor does she need one. Her tech needs are minimal and are confined to reading newspaper articles, using a common (with me) email address, and web surfing. She does not shop online , nor need a separate email identity. In reality the issue here is that I for all intents and purposes own and operate 2 ipads and an iphone, and for some reason have in last few months have been receiving prompts/ barriers requesting password re-entry on ONE device only. There are surely numerous operators in the Apple Garden who use up to 4 or five devices.

While appreciating your assistance I will continue with the irritation rather than going down the route of separate IDs etc to circumvent Apples paranoia on identity/ privacy. In our case less is more !

Thanks

Requests to sign in on one ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.