Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 4K 2021

I have a Sony TV(XBR-65X900F) and whenever I enable Dolby Vision everything I watch (Direct TV Stream, Netflix, Apple TV+, Disney+) is too dark to enjoy. When I switch to 4K HDR the picture improves for Direct TV Stream but is still too dark for the other streaming platforms. I just changed out the HDMI cable to a brand new cable(same 2.1 version) and I’m still getting the same results. I am connected to the proper HDMI input to handle those 4K, HDR signals and I confirmed the enhanced signal is turned on within the TV settings. Still getting same results. Any other suggestions?

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 16

Posted on Feb 12, 2023 2:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2023 6:18 PM

Once you’ve enabled Dolby Vision on your Sony TV, you might see the picture settings when using Apple TV have defaulted to Dolby Dark but there should still be Dolby Bright or Vivid options while still having the option to increase brightness. Have a look through your Sony picture settings. My Apple TV is connected via HDMI to the Sony tv ARC HDMI port. I also turned on the Audio Return Channel (ARC) in the ATV Settings. Mine is darker but not that dark on Dolby Dark

The Apple TV also has a setting to test the HDMI connection

See: About 4K, HDR, HDR10+, and Dolby Vision on your Apple TV 4K - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 12, 2023 6:18 PM in response to RFAmerson

Once you’ve enabled Dolby Vision on your Sony TV, you might see the picture settings when using Apple TV have defaulted to Dolby Dark but there should still be Dolby Bright or Vivid options while still having the option to increase brightness. Have a look through your Sony picture settings. My Apple TV is connected via HDMI to the Sony tv ARC HDMI port. I also turned on the Audio Return Channel (ARC) in the ATV Settings. Mine is darker but not that dark on Dolby Dark

The Apple TV also has a setting to test the HDMI connection

See: About 4K, HDR, HDR10+, and Dolby Vision on your Apple TV 4K - Apple Support

Apple TV 4K 2021

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.