Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I recover my deleted files after emptying the Bin ?

Need help to recover my deleted files after emptying the Bin

MacBook Pro

Posted on Feb 12, 2023 10:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2023 11:31 PM

The usual method is to restore a Time Machine backup: Restore your Mac from a backup - Apple Support

If you emptied the bin very recently (within the past 24 hours), restore a "Local Snapshot". That takes only a minute or two, start to finish.

3 replies

Feb 14, 2023 2:09 PM in response to naseerakhtar

If the drive is an SSD and the Trash has been emptied, then the only way to recover the data is from a backup made before the data was deleted.

If the drive is a hard drive, then...maybe depending on how much the drive has been used since the Trash was emptied. The more the computer has been used, the more likely the data has been overwritten. You can try booting from an external full macOS drive and use a data recovery app to attempt to recover the data...many times there may be no file names for the data which is found which can make it extremely difficult to identify the files you are trying to recover.

Can I recover my deleted files after emptying the Bin ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.