Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

External monitor pixelated after Ventura 13.2 update

Hi all,

After completing Ventura 13.2 update on my Macbook Pro (2,8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7) my external monitor became pixelated and unreadable when connected to my Macbook. Picture attached. Tried with different cables (HDMI, USB-C) and restarted the macbook and the monitor, cleared NVRAM and changed the color profile to Color LCD.. did not help.

The macbook display itself is working fine it just gets pixelated when connected to a monitor. The monitor is fine too, works when connected with other laptops.

I'd appreciate you help, thank you..

Tolga

MacBook Pro

Posted on Feb 13, 2023 7:21 AM

Similar questions

7 replies

Feb 14, 2023 4:33 PM in response to tolga_

Hi tolga_,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities.

We understand that your external monitor shows pixelated and you have switched the HDMI cable. Since the Mac is working as it should, try connecting your display to a different computer to see if the behavior continues there. Check whether the monitor is damaged.

"Detect your display

If your Mac can't detect your display, your display will be dark. Use one or more of these steps to try again to detect your display.

• Disconnect the display from your Mac, then reconnect it. It might help to turn off the display first.
  • Put your Mac to sleep, then wake it. On Mac laptop computers, you can close the lid for a few seconds, then open the lid again.
  • Choose Apple menu  > System Settings (or System Preferences), then click Displays. Press and hold the Option key to show the Detect Displays button, then click the button.
  • Restart your Mac. If you can't restart your Mac, press and hold its power button for about 10 seconds to turn it off. Then press and release the power button to turn it back on."

If your external display is dark or low resolution - Apple Support

Regards.

Feb 17, 2023 6:07 AM in response to ASTRO24

Hi,

Thanks for the response. The external monitor is fine and works with other computers as per my initial post. My MAC can detect the monitor as you can see on the screenshot, however it is pixelated. I've updated to Ventura 13.2.1 in the meantime but still experiencing the same error.

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

Feb 17, 2023 7:15 AM in response to tolga_

Hi tolga_,

You mentioned that it works well with other laptops. Are these other laptops running macOS Ventura as well? The reason we ask is that will help isolate this issue to the macOS. It's possible that your external monitor is not compatible with macOS Ventura or needs a firmware update.

We'd recommend confirming with the manufacturer.

Have a good one!

Mar 5, 2023 10:00 AM in response to tolga_

I am having the same issue as well. It was working fine until I upgraded MacOS to Ventura.

MacBook display is working fine until I connect it to the external monitor (Samsung CRG9), then both macbook and monitor display are pixelated. Also, tried mirroring, extending the display, rebooting macbook and monitor, but nothing is working.

External monitor pixelated after Ventura 13.2 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.