Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an apple watch given to me by a friend who has passed away and the activation lock is set. Can this be removed?

I have an apple watch given to me by a friend who has passed away and the activation lock is set. Can this be removed?

Apple Watch Series 6

Posted on Feb 13, 2023 12:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2023 12:26 PM

Not by you. If the family of the deceased friend wants you to have access to use the watch, present this link to them --> How to request access to a deceased family member’s Apple account – Apple Support (UK)

Apple will not help you at all. They will help the family, if the family is willing to follow the directions in the link.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 13, 2023 12:26 PM in response to mdrazich

Not by you. If the family of the deceased friend wants you to have access to use the watch, present this link to them --> How to request access to a deceased family member’s Apple account – Apple Support (UK)

Apple will not help you at all. They will help the family, if the family is willing to follow the directions in the link.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.