Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an old iMac with Yosemite 10.10.5 and safari won't access many sites. Any way to update it?

I got hold of an old iMac with Yosemite 10.10.5 with the intent of using it as a server to hold photos, etc. that would be access over our internal wireless network. I've established the connection from my new MacBook Air and that's working pretty well.

However, playing around with the iMac, I tried using Safari and being back level, it's having certificate problems accessing some sites -- even the Apple Support site returns a message telling me I should consider downloading Chrome, Firefox, etc. I tried that and both tell me my OS is too old.

So, just wondering if anyone out there has any ideas as to how I might improve upon the iOS or at least find a web browser that will allow me access to things that I simply can't get to on that machine as it is today.

Posted on Feb 13, 2023 12:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2023 12:13 PM

Back up your data, check the application compatibility table, click here, and then on the download link for a more-recent OS. Your computer can be upgraded at least as far as El Capitan.

Catalina and higher won't run 32-bit software; if you upgrade to one of them, use Go64 as well.

(234591)

2 replies

I have an old iMac with Yosemite 10.10.5 and safari won't access many sites. Any way to update it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.