Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I NEED TO UPGRADE MY MACOS TO BIG SUR 11 OR LATER RIGHT NOW I HAVE CATALINA 10.15 AND MY COMPUTER DOESN'T GIVE ME THE OPTION TO UPGRADE TO BIG SUR 11 OR LATER

I need to upgrade my macOS to big sur 11 or later... Right now I have Catalina 10.15

Posted on Feb 13, 2023 12:57 PM

2 replies

Feb 14, 2023 7:25 AM in response to Peregri2

If this computer does not Qualify to run Big Sur and above >>

Part 1 of 2

Explore the Apple Trade-In  Process where the Value of the exiting device could be used against the cost of a new Apple Computer, iPhone or iPad  

Or Shop Refurbished Apple computers at an Apple Reduced Cost

Have used both previously and have been satisfied each time.

Part 2 of 2

The Age of this computer will Govern what newer version of macOS it will Qualify to install. Use About this Mac from the Apple Icon on Desktop - the required Information will be there.

Does this computer appear as Listed and qualifying for an upGrade to a newer version of macOS? 

The below links will help identify which version of macOS  this computer may Qualify to run.

Computer Qualifying for macOS 13 Ventura 

Computer Qualify for the Monterey upgrade

macOS Big Sur 11 hardware requirements

I NEED TO UPGRADE MY MACOS TO BIG SUR 11 OR LATER RIGHT NOW I HAVE CATALINA 10.15 AND MY COMPUTER DOESN'T GIVE ME THE OPTION TO UPGRADE TO BIG SUR 11 OR LATER

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.