You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

THe birthday for my daughers apple id is greyed out and I need to change it'

I need to change my daughters birthdate on her apple id. The year was entered incorrecely adn she is unable to download certain apps

Posted on Feb 13, 2023 1:48 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2023 2:08 PM

The Apple ID birth date, has no relation to App download limitations.

For App downloads, check screen time restrictions. Settings ➜ Screen Time ➜ Content & Privacy Restrictions ➜ Content Restrictions ➜ Apps and change the age restriction there.

If you still need to change the Apple ID birthdate follow the steps in the support document linked below.

click here ➡️ Update the birth date associated with your Apple ID - Apple Support

If it's set to a date that produces an age less than 13, then you will need to contact Apple support directly to get it changed. click here ➡️ contact Apple Support to change the birth date for a child under 13

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 13, 2023 2:08 PM in response to Debbie-Murphy

The Apple ID birth date, has no relation to App download limitations.

For App downloads, check screen time restrictions. Settings ➜ Screen Time ➜ Content & Privacy Restrictions ➜ Content Restrictions ➜ Apps and change the age restriction there.

If you still need to change the Apple ID birthdate follow the steps in the support document linked below.

click here ➡️ Update the birth date associated with your Apple ID - Apple Support

If it's set to a date that produces an age less than 13, then you will need to contact Apple support directly to get it changed. click here ➡️ contact Apple Support to change the birth date for a child under 13

THe birthday for my daughers apple id is greyed out and I need to change it'

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.