Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBookAir 2022 M2

How do I view all of my open apps arranged on my screen? My old MacBookAir had an icon at the bottom that popped up all of my open apps so I could easily see what I had open. My new MacBookAir doesn't have this icon. The guy at the Apple Store had to go ask someone and there is a workaround--command or function key and something else.

Posted on Feb 13, 2023 4:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2023 4:42 PM

Command tab will show icons for open apps. Hold the command key down, tap the tab key and then keep tapping it to get to the app you want to switch to and then release the command key.

Another option is Mission Control: See open windows and spaces in Mission Control on Mac - Apple Support

You can add Mission Control to the Dock at the bottom of the screen and then click it to activate it. Open a Finder window, click the Finder "Go" menu and then click Applications on that menu. That will open the Applications folder and you can drag Mission Control from there to the Dock. Other methods of opening Mission Control are described in the above support article.

Another option is the Dock. It can be set to show an indicator for open applications. See: Use the Dock on Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 13, 2023 4:42 PM in response to trekman5

Command tab will show icons for open apps. Hold the command key down, tap the tab key and then keep tapping it to get to the app you want to switch to and then release the command key.

Another option is Mission Control: See open windows and spaces in Mission Control on Mac - Apple Support

You can add Mission Control to the Dock at the bottom of the screen and then click it to activate it. Open a Finder window, click the Finder "Go" menu and then click Applications on that menu. That will open the Applications folder and you can drag Mission Control from there to the Dock. Other methods of opening Mission Control are described in the above support article.

Another option is the Dock. It can be set to show an indicator for open applications. See: Use the Dock on Mac - Apple Support

MacBookAir 2022 M2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.