Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I recover a message that I deleted off of my IPhone

Can I recover a deleted message from my iPhone

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 13, 2023 7:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2023 11:22 AM

You can find deleted messages in Recently Deleted inside the Messages app, but only if you have updated to iOS 16.

Please note that messages in last deleted are only saved for 30-40 days before they are deleted automatically.

Open the Messages app, tap "Edit" in the top right corner. Find the Recently Deleted folder and tap the messages you want to recover. If you have NOT updated to iOS 16 and if the messages are not in Recently Deleted, they are unfortunately gone.

You can read more about the Recently Deleted function in iOS 16 here:

Recover deleted text messages on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 14, 2023 11:22 AM in response to Sexysandra57

You can find deleted messages in Recently Deleted inside the Messages app, but only if you have updated to iOS 16.

Please note that messages in last deleted are only saved for 30-40 days before they are deleted automatically.

Open the Messages app, tap "Edit" in the top right corner. Find the Recently Deleted folder and tap the messages you want to recover. If you have NOT updated to iOS 16 and if the messages are not in Recently Deleted, they are unfortunately gone.

You can read more about the Recently Deleted function in iOS 16 here:

Recover deleted text messages on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

How can I recover a message that I deleted off of my IPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.