Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My remote is not charging

My Apple Remote is not charging

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Feb 14, 2023 5:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2023 7:34 AM

What is your model remote? Identify your Apple TV remote - Apple Support

The Siri Remote has no indicators on the remote itself, to show that it is charging. You can see the battery charge level percentage increasing in Settings on Apple TV.

Users are advised to charge directly to a computer, or to a power adapter in an AC socket. Other USB ports may not be suitable for charging.

Charge the Siri Remote - Apple Support

If the Remote doesn’t hold charge despite doing as described in the support document, then contact Apple about battery service (read: replacement) for your remote. Service may depend on age (“normal battery wear”), so have your purchase date ready.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 14, 2023 7:34 AM in response to Monserrate23

What is your model remote? Identify your Apple TV remote - Apple Support

The Siri Remote has no indicators on the remote itself, to show that it is charging. You can see the battery charge level percentage increasing in Settings on Apple TV.

Users are advised to charge directly to a computer, or to a power adapter in an AC socket. Other USB ports may not be suitable for charging.

Charge the Siri Remote - Apple Support

If the Remote doesn’t hold charge despite doing as described in the support document, then contact Apple about battery service (read: replacement) for your remote. Service may depend on age (“normal battery wear”), so have your purchase date ready.

My remote is not charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.