Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Doesn’t alert when iPhone gets messages

My watch has stopped alerting when my phone gets a message.

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on Feb 14, 2023 5:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2023 6:06 AM

Is your iPhone unlocked when the notification is NOT sent to your watch?

If so, this would be considered normal.

If the notification isn't going to your watch while the iPhone is locked, check these settings:

Open the control center of your watch by sliding your finger up from the bottom of the screen. Look for the bell icon and make sure that it is NOT highlighted.

From your phone, open the Watch app and go into Notifications, then Messages.

Check that "Mirror my iPhone" is selected or if Custom is selected, make sure that "Allow Notifications" is selected. Also, there are a couple of toggles in Custom. 1 Sound, and 2 Haptics. Both should be green.

Next, go into Sounds & Haptics. Make sure that the volume slider is up and that Silent is off.

Try those things and let us know.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 14, 2023 6:06 AM in response to donnahf

Is your iPhone unlocked when the notification is NOT sent to your watch?

If so, this would be considered normal.

If the notification isn't going to your watch while the iPhone is locked, check these settings:

Open the control center of your watch by sliding your finger up from the bottom of the screen. Look for the bell icon and make sure that it is NOT highlighted.

From your phone, open the Watch app and go into Notifications, then Messages.

Check that "Mirror my iPhone" is selected or if Custom is selected, make sure that "Allow Notifications" is selected. Also, there are a couple of toggles in Custom. 1 Sound, and 2 Haptics. Both should be green.

Next, go into Sounds & Haptics. Make sure that the volume slider is up and that Silent is off.

Try those things and let us know.

Doesn’t alert when iPhone gets messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.