Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Songs skip during play

When listening to music, some of my songs are skipping (like an old 45 with a scratch on a record player). Anyone know why this happens and how to fix it?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Feb 14, 2023 7:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2023 12:52 PM

Hi there scottlc,

We'd like to learn more to see how we can help. Which device are you using to listen to Apple Music and what software version is that device running?

Is this happening when listening to content that's saved in your library or are you experiencing this behavior with songs skipping when you're streaming music?

If you listen to Apple Music on a different device, do you experience this behavior?

Send over some details, and we'll take a closer look from there.

Thanks!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2023 12:52 PM in response to scottlc

Hi there scottlc,

We'd like to learn more to see how we can help. Which device are you using to listen to Apple Music and what software version is that device running?

Is this happening when listening to content that's saved in your library or are you experiencing this behavior with songs skipping when you're streaming music?

If you listen to Apple Music on a different device, do you experience this behavior?

Send over some details, and we'll take a closer look from there.

Thanks!

Feb 16, 2023 11:38 AM in response to scottlc

Thanks for that scottlc,

Can you confirm if you are using Apple Music or iTunes to play your songs?

If you are using the Apple Music preview on Windows, You will want to uninstall it and install iTunes instead. The Apple Music preview is beta software, and may behave unexpectedly. You can leave feedback here: http://apple.com/feedback

Let us know if there is any change when using iTunes instead.

We are here for you

Feb 16, 2023 10:56 AM in response to Sparks0829

It's random, I'll be listening to music and the song will skip (Like the old records with a scratch on a record player).

I don't know if it's the same songs or it it is random, I listen the same playlist all the time and it seems to be happening more and more.

I'm using an HP laptop with the lastest version of Itunes, all music is saved on my computer

Songs skip during play

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.